Have you ever tried out the competition? Do you know who your competition is in your market?
As a business owner, it is important to understand what makes you different from your competitors or other businesses in your industry.
My first career, in my twenties, was in retail management. I was always the one sent to shop our competitors. It was my job to shop other stores to do price comparisons. This task was more than checking the prices. It was about how do we compare to other businesses.
When you are looking at your competition, you should understand:
- What level of service is being provided?
- What is their focus on products and/or services?
- What level of expertise is being offered?
- Who are their perfect customers?
- What are their business policies?
- What makes them different from similar businesses?
How many Reiki practitioners work in the Denver area? I believe that Denver has hundreds and hundreds of Reiki practitioners. There are over 70+ different types of Reiki modalities. When you do some research online, you can gather lots of information on Reiki practitioners.
ZipRecruiter states that the average salary of a Reiki practitioner in Denver is $96,058. Do you think a newly trained practitioner starts out their career making $96,000 a year? Absolutely not. It takes lots of work to build a successful practice with repeat clientele.
The first step is identifying what makes you different from other businesses in your market. Think about these differentiators:
- Pricing strategy: Do you charge less, more, or market value? Are you focused on high volume with low prices OR low volume with higher pricing?
- Quality strategy: Do you provide a comparable or higher level of quality in your services? How do you measure quality?
- Expertise strategy: Do you have proven level of expertise in your area?
- Client-focused strategy: Do you target a specific client group?
- Style strategy: Do you provide a different type of style in your offerings?
It is important to understand what makes you different from other practitioners. This will assist you in understanding how to brand and market your business.
Are your ready to be a spiritual business owner?
I provide coaching to individuals that are starting their own spiritual business and want to move into building their own business of being a healer, reader, or spiritual advisor. I coach individuals that work in the center, providing them solid direction and guidance on their businesses. Contact me directly for information on business coaching and mentoring.
WRITTEN BY VIALET RAYNE, MAGICAL CREATOR OF DISCOVER YOUR SPIRITUAL GIFTS
Vialet has been on a healing path her whole life. She has been called a spiritual guardian that is strongly connected and highly intuitive. A teacher, coach, healer, and spiritual leader that dreams of a peaceful and harmonious world.
Her mission is to provide individuals with the tools and resources to discover their own healing powers within themselves so they may empower their own lives. Vialet’s spiritual journey has provided her with everyday life rituals, experiences, and spiritual wisdom that allow her to overcome difficult situations and to create a life that she has always dreamed of.