What do you need to know about selecting a professional reader?
You feel like it’s time to get assistance, divine guidance, answers to an important question, or to connect with the other side. Where do you start? How do you know what type of reader you need or whether a reader is the right fit for you?
You can view the video at: https://youtu.be/uP_SR8r1JLI
There are numerous types of readers. Psychic readings encompass a wide range of techniques and approaches. All readers are both psychic and intuitive. These are interchangeable words. It means they are able to intuitively gather information about you, often using a preferred choice of divination tools.
- Oracle Reader: These individuals are using an oracle deck to guide the reading. The type of card spreads used will vary from reader to reader. The most common type of reading is past, present, and future. The reader may pull additional cards after the spread for clarification. It is important to understand that the cards are visual guideposts for the reading and the reader may intuitively add more than what’s on the cards to the session.
- Tarot Reader: These individuals are using a tarot deck to guide the reading. Most tarot decks will have two types of cards: major and minor arcana. The major arcana cards are focused on the big changes happening in your life. These cards will provide insight and perspective on navigating changes and obstacles in your life. The minor arcana cards are aligned with the elements: Fire, Air, Water, & Earth. These cards are giving information on the day-to-day activities in your life. The most common spread is the Celtic Cross. However, readers will create their own styles and spreads for their readings.
- Astrology Reader: These individuals analyze the positions and movements of the planets within your astrological houses. They will review your birth chart to provide insights to personality, relationships, and events in your life. There are numerous viewpoints and structures within astrology.
- Numerology Reader: These individuals study the significance of the numbers in your life including birthdate, names, and numerical patterns within your life. This information holds symbolic meanings and can provide insights into the various aspects of your life.
- Hand Analysis & Palmistry: These individuals are looking at the information in your hands. The lines, shapes, and forms of your hands will provide information on the individual’s personality, purpose, challenges, gifts, and life events. Your hands can reveal a lot about you.
- Aura Reader: These individuals are looking at the colors, patterns, and disturbances in your energy fields. They can see information on the individual’s emotional state, health, spiritual well-being, and even the guides and loved ones that are close.
- Mediumship: These individuals can provide messages from your deceased loved ones, angels, and guides that are around you. These messages can provide comfort and guidance.
These are other professional readers that will use a variety of divination tools for their readings including: crystals, pendulums, rocks, runes, bones, drawing, etc.
STEP #1: What type of reading are you wanting to have? What is your focus?
WHAT SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT READINGS?
When you decide to schedule and receive a reading, you need to understand that the reader is going to be tapping into the energy in the present moment. What are the possibilities at this time? EXAMPLE: You schedule an appointment and receive a reading today. You asked the reader about a job opportunity that has presented itself to you. The reader is going to tap into the energies of that decision in this moment. They are connecting to your energy, the energy of everyone connected to the situation, and the situation itself. Your emotional attachment to the outcome of the decision will impact the clarity of the reading. If you are super excited, your energy will influence the information received by the reader. Can you see how your energy at the time of the reading will impact the information that you receive?
Energy is in a constant state of movement. Things are changing throughout the day and sometimes minute to minute. This means that the information can change based on the individuals and variables in the situation.
ANOTHER EXAMPLE: You receive a reading from a reader today. The reader tells you that you will be moving in the next six months from your home. You leave the reading thinking . . . “I love my home. I do not want to move.” Can you see how your free will can shift the outcome? You can shift the energies in the situation and create a different experience.
The truth is that there are many scenarios and possibilities happening in our lives. Every decision that we make in our lives shifts the outcomes that are ahead of us. You are the driver of your own reality, and you are making the decisions for your future.
STEP #2: When should you get a reading?
WHEN SHOULD I GET A READING?
You should not get a reading when you are emotionally attached to the outcome of the situation. EXAMPLE: You have started dating someone and you really want the relationship to work out. The emotions are heightened, and you really want to have someone in your life. You decide to schedule a reading with a reader to get some insight on the relationship. This may not be the best approach, since you are emotionally attached to the answer.
Most of the time, a reading is going to provide confirmation to information that you may already know or guidance on how to move forward. The best time to get a reading is when you are seeking guidance or insight to challenges, opportunities, or decisions that you need to make. The reading can provide additional information that you have not considered or clarity on the decisions that you have already made.
Some great questions include:
- What do I need to focus on at this moment?
- What am I not seeing or considering in this situation?
- What do I need to overcome to move forward?
- What do I need to heal and release?
- What guidance can Spirit provide on this relationship?
- What is the best approach to resolving this issue?
- What is preventing me from being successful?
Step #3: Who should I get a reading from?
WHO SHOULD I GET A READING FROM?
Most professional readers avoid reading for family and friends. Since there is a personal connection, it can be difficult to separate yourself from the reading and to be a clear channel. You need to find someone that you trust and that you connect with energetically. It is important to find someone that you are comfortable talking to. The reader should be compassionate about your situation and be open to providing you guidance and motivation that allows you to move forward.
If you come to the reading with a defensive shield, it can sometimes be difficult to get a good reading. You could block the flow of information. Remember, you are in control of your life and the energies around you. I recently took a trip to Salem, and I was interested in getting a reading there. After arriving in Salem, I could feel the heaviness and sadness in the energies. I set a protection shield around me to prevent me from taking on these energies. When I went and had a reading, the information that the reader provided was not valid. She told me that I was thinking about leaving my relationship and moving far away. I am in a happy marriage and firmly planted where I am today. She re-shuffled the cards several times and she couldn’t provide any meaningful information. Honestly, I believe that I prevented her from connecting to my energy.
The connection and energy are important. As a spiritual leader that auditions readers in our center, I find that sometimes readers are filtering the information through their own perspective of me and my life. A reader needs to be able to set their ego and perspective outside the reading to be a clear channel. When was the last time a reader told you something that you did not know or something that they could have not known about your life? I always surrender to the process and information, so that I can provide the best information to my clients.
Take the time to select the best reader for you! We have some amazing readers at our center. You can check out their profiles on our website.
You can view the video at: https://youtu.be/uP_SR8r1JLI
WRITTEN BY VIALET RAYNE, MAGICAL CREATOR OF DISCOVER YOUR SPIRITUAL GIFTS
Vialet has been on a healing path her whole life. She has been called a spiritual guardian that is strongly connected and highly intuitive. A teacher, coach, healer, and spiritual leader that dreams of a peaceful and harmonious world.
Her mission is to provide individuals with the tools and resources to discover their own healing powers within themselves so they may empower their own lives. Vialet’s spiritual journey has provided her with everyday life rituals, experiences, and spiritual wisdom that allow her to overcome difficult situations and to create a life that she has always dreamed of.