What is Kundalini Yoga?
Starting in April, Kundalini yoga classes are coming to Discover Your Spiritual Gifts. Kundalini yoga is a great fit with our spiritual work because it is the yoga of subtle energy. This union is created through simple poses, mudras, mantras, breathing techniques, and meditation. The poses are designed to move energy through our chakras, so we feel a flow of energy within the body or a lightness of being.
If you have been on a spiritual or healing journey and feel called to yoga, it’s not surprising because movement is one of the foundational practices to support our journey, along with hydration, sleep, and nutritious foods. Going to a gym does not make sense for everyone, I like to combine my spiritual activities wherever possible and Kundalini yoga incorporates movement with my spiritual practice.
You may have heard of Kundalini, it's the awakening of our awareness, creativity, and intuition. Cyndi Dale, the author of Chakra Healing, refers to Kundalini as “a sacred energy that transforms our life spiritually and physically, and is a secret to well-being and wisdom.”
Anyone can do this style of yoga, even with knee problems because most exercises are on the floor, or in a chair for those who can't sit on the floor comfortably. Since the poses in Kundalini yoga are aligned with the Chakras, we activate our spiritual subtle energy connection but also the physiology and related organs so it’s a full body, mind, and soul experience.
Many of the classes will have a focus. The focus for the upcoming classes is Connecting with our Angels. How this class is structured;
- Tuning in and an introduction to Kundalini yoga
- An overview of our vast available connection to angels, guides, masters, ancestors, and gurus
- Warm-up poses
- Kriya (series of poses) to connect with Angels
- Guided meditation to connect with Angels, option to journal
- Closing mantra
Dress comfortably, bring a yoga mat (other options refer to the video), blanket or sweater/sweatshirt for Savasana (final resting pose), water bottle and a journal. * Journal is optional.
To learn more about Kundalini yoga and to prepare for the class, check out this short video.
Looking to expand your knowledge on Kundalini yoga, books I recommend.
- Essential Kundalini Yoga: An Invitation to Radiant Health, Unconditional Love, and the Awakening of Your Energetic Potential by Karena Virginia
- The Kundalini Yoga Experience: Bringing Body, Mind, and Spirit Together by Guru Dharam Singh Khalsa
- Kundalini: Divine Energy, Divine Life by Cyndi Dale
Click here for registration and payment https://mailchi.mp/296dffa371aa/kundalini-yoga
The classes are at 50% capacity during COVID, so please register ahead of time, and masks are required.