Business Corner: Building Your Connections
How do you build connecting with your tribe?
As a business owner, you can have the perfect plan and idea for starting a business. You invest hours and money creating the best classes and services for your students and clients. You have individuals interested in your offerings and they show up for classes and services. What is next?
It is important to build powerful connections with your students and clients. It will take time to cultivate and nurture long term connections with your tribe. The individual that has taken the action to register, schedule, and show up for a class or session has made only the first connection to your business. The next step is to get them to be a fan of your work. If they are connected, they will return for more classes, services,and refer their friends!
Tool to Build Your Connection
You can build connections with your tribe by including these elements in your classes and sessions:
- Contact Information: Requesting permission to have contact information on the students in your programs and classes. You can use the contact information to send regular newsletters, updates and offerings. This information will also allow you to follow-up with individuals after the program to check in with their progress and transition. I love to collect mailing addresses from my students to send them personal cards during the holidays.
- Feedback Forms: Requesting written feedback during or after their class, event of session will provide you valuable information on what you are offering to your students and clients. You can have a form for them to complete during or after the class or session OR you can send them a survey link to complete online. You can post the feedback (testimonials) on your programs, sessions and online platforms.
- Check in/Follow Up: If you have collected the contact information and received permission to contact them. You can send a text message or email to your students and/or clients to check in with them. It can create a personal connection and interest with the individuals in your tribe.
- Social Media Connection: Requesting them to connect on your social media channels (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, etc.). You can give back to your tribe with inspirational and educational materials. It is important that you do not use your entire connection on these channels to sell your classes and programs. You want to feed their soul with uplifting content and information.
- Videos: Creating videos will allow your tribe to make a personal connection with you and your work. Most viewers prefer to see something real and authentic versus a scripted dialogue. NOTE: You need to decide what you want to share with the public about your personal life. Do you want to take a stand on your own personal political, religious and social belief systems? You will never align with everyone. This is a choice that you need to make for yourself and your business.
- Networking: This is a great way to make personal connections with other individuals that may be interested in your services and programs. You will need to have business cards and marketing materials to share. It is important to have your brief (5 second) elevator speech about Who you are? What you do? What you offer?
How are you going to build your connections? What works best for you? When you are building a business, it takes time and patience. You will not become successful overnight. Remember that you are a business owner and the more you work your business, the more energy will reciprocally return to you!
Are your ready to be a spiritual business owner?
Written by Vialet Rayne, Magical Creator of Discover Your Spiritual Gifts
Vialet has been on a healing path her whole life. She has been called a spiritual guardian that is strongly connected and highly intuitive. A teacher, coach, healer, and spiritual leader that dreams of a peaceful and harmonious world.
Her mission is to provide individuals with the tools and resources to discover their own healing powers within themselves so they may empower their own lives. Vialet's spiritual journey has provided her with everyday life rituals, experiences, and spiritual wisdom that allow her to overcome difficult situations and to create a life that she has always dreamed of.
Vialet wants everyone to discover their spiritual gifts in the tools and rituals that will improve their lives and the lives of their families. Find out more about her here.