Business Corner: Shifting Perspective
Has the pandemic created changes in your business?
The pandemic has provided many gifts and challenges for small businesses. What has changed for you and your business? The market is constantly changing. The pandemic seemed to accelerate the changes. Many business owners had to quickly shift directions.
Businesses that have been operating for years had to step back and re-elevate their focus and direction.
- What needs to shift to serve our customers in a pandemic?
- What can we do to stay connected with our customers during a pandemic?
- What can we do better to be of service to our communities and customers?
- What technology will assist the business in moving forward?
- What needs to change to meet the health standards?
Some business owners were able to shift their work online and they gained a national client base and following. They found their work was just as effective virtually and they were able to gain a larger audience. This was an ideal approach for business owners that are introverts and prefer to work at home.
The businesses that had been operating with in-person services and offerings had to adjust their approach. Some of these businesses offered their products online or provided curb side pickup. The businesses that were able to shift quickly seemed to be the most successful. The challenges included:
- Building an online platform for products and services
- Getting familiar with state and national tax requirements
- Setting up shipping and receiving
- Working through product shortages and delayed shipping
Where are we going? How do we evolve our businesses and stay connected to the passion that started the business? The extrovert in me loves being back to in-person events and connections. I love the one-on-one contact with my students, clients, and customers. I understand the virtual world has become a big part of our reality and that it is here to stay.
- How much of your business in online?
- How much of your business is in-person?
- What do you prefer and what works best for you?
- What makes you different from your competitors?
- What do your students, clients, and customers want?
Your ability to shift your perspective, change direction, be adaptable, and pivot is what will better position you to bounce back when major setbacks, like a pandemic, occur.
Are your ready to be a spiritual business owner?
Written by Vialet Rayne, Magical Creator of Discover Your Spiritual Gifts
Vialet has been on a healing path her whole life. She has been called a spiritual guardian that is strongly connected and highly intuitive. A teacher, coach, healer, and spiritual leader that dreams of a peaceful and harmonious world.
Her mission is to provide individuals with the tools and resources to discover their own healing powers within themselves so they may empower their own lives. Vialet's spiritual journey has provided her with everyday life rituals, experiences, and spiritual wisdom that allow her to overcome difficult situations and to create a life that she has always dreamed of.
Vialet wants everyone to discover their spiritual gifts in the tools and rituals that will improve their lives and the lives of their families. Find out more about her here.